Friday, January 28, 2011

I Heart Faces ~ Fix It Friday #84

Here is my I Heart Faces Fix It Friday post.  This was fun to do.  I hope you like it.
Here is the before:







Here is my after:
Here is a recap of my edits:
I opened it up in LR3 and cropped it.
I used the Coffeshop Scorched Honey preset.
I adjusted the fill light, the highlights and the blacks.
I sharpened it and reduced some noise.
I sharpened and brightened the eyes.  (There is a good tutorial on the Coffeshop blog for this)
I removed the drool and bubbles from the chin.  (Although I do love baby drool - I just wanted to see how it would look w/o.)
Then I took it over to PSE 8 and added a texture to the background.  I used the Grungy Overlay from Sassy Designs.
I think that's it!!

I kept playing a little after that too just for more fun.  Here a couple more "afters" cropped with a square and tilted a bit one way and then the other.

I am curious what everyone thinks of the different crops!

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Love the edits...found you through iheartfaces...quick question...how did you do the tilt? I've been trying to figure it out on pse8...actually did it too for this fix it Friday, but it took me forever, so I didn't know if maybe there was an easier way! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks everyone!

    @Maryrose - I commented on your blog too but I wanted to answer here in case anyone else wanted to know too. In PSE8 but you can do the tilting while you are cropping. You just have to watch your edges to make sure you don't loose the corners of the picture off the edge.

    ReplyDelete